Alaska’s Bearclaw Lodge
Alaska Fishing Lodge
Bearclaw Lodge promotes a family-friendly, relaxed, comfortable atmosphere. Guest rooms are clean and comfortable, as is the lodge. Clients and staff enjoy sit down meals together and the lodge operates as a team.
Click into any of the photos below to see a larger version of the image!
- 10 guests per week maximum, which is low among Alaska fishing lodges, so clients enjoy a guide to two angler ratio, and have an intimate lodging and fishing experience.
- 5 fully furnished guest rooms with double occupancy.
- The lodge is located on 13 acres on a peninsula in Lake Aleknagik in the shadow of Jackknife Mountain, offering a quiet and serene location.
- Beds are comfortable and clean, rooms have plenty of space. Bathrooms are clean and functional with plenty of hot water.
- Supremely comfortable chairs adorn the front porch so clients can relax and view the scenery.
- Kayaks and canoes are available so that guests can paddle around and soak in the scenery and wildlife.
- Guests will catch-and-release all resident species but can keep and take home salmon.
- Salmon filleting, vacuum sealing, freezing and boxing fish for travel are included.
- Guides are friendly, experienced, good teachers and show great fishing etiquette around other boats.
- Boats are in top condition and perform exceptionally well.
- Simms waders and wading boots for guests are high quality.
- Management seeks to make each client feel special and customize their itinerary.
- Tips are pooled and shared among the staff, thereby promoting team unity.
- Guides are non-competitive and seek to share information with one another.
The Family Business
Alaska’s Bearclaw Lodge has been in operation since 1998 and was founded by John and Nancy Norman. In August of 2002, Rob and Lisa Fuentes made their first visit to Lake Aleknagik and were captivated by the scenery and the variety of the fisheries. They fell in love with the Alaska fishing lodge and have created the beautiful angler paradise it is today.
In December of 2023, Greg Heister purchased Bearclaw Lodge from Rob and Lisa. We will share his family’s story soon.
More Coming Soon
Our Alaska fishing lodge provides a family-safe atmosphere so that you can be sure you and your family will have a great trip and a memorable experience.
We want your experience at Bearclaw Lodge to be positive, from the booking process through to your departure from our Alaska fishing lodge. Visit our Planning Your Trip page for travel information and to submit your itinerary once your reservation is made. Be sure to complete our Waiver & Release Form when booking.